Join the Head & Old Friends at Blanchflower for our 2023 Annual Dinner.
Tickets are selling well – only about 10 left so please book asap if you would like to join us.
Phil and his Blanchflower team were really keen to understand what would work best this year and so we gave them an insight into the origins of the extraordinarily high standard of the Old Alts palette. Forged in the AGSB canteen, the Bath Street chippy, the Caspian kebab house, Canadian Charcoal Pit and The Railway’s pickled eggs, it’s hardly surprising that the Old Alts have eclectic tastes.
Armed with this insight, (ignoring it mostly), they have put together a fabulous menu, full of flavour and a healthy dose of comfort. It really does sound fantastic.
Groups of tickets and single tickets have already sold to Old Alts from the 50’s through to the 90’s and into the 00’s. So we’re guaranteed a good representation from across the years. I understand from those who’ve booked, that many are planning to meet up with friends for pre-drinks at the nearby Altrincham Market, Cheshire Tap, Belgian Bar or Con Club. Others are heading straight to the venue. Either way, it’ll be a great night for the Old Alts for sure.
Tickets are very much limited and we are down to the last 10 so please do get your table or seat confirmed as soon as possible – see below for details.
Whilst it’s a ‘smart-casual’ format, there’s still plenty of room for important association traditions – the Head Master will be in attendance to share the latest school news, the raffle will entertain and reward once again, we’ll light candles to remember those Old Alts who have since passed and most importantly, friends old and new from AGSB will be with you to share the experience.
Here are the finer details:
Date & Time: Friday 10th March 2022. Arrive 7pm for 7.30pm.
Price: £40 (no concessions).
Dress: Smart casual but NOT black tie.
MENU: Please confirm your choice asap as detailed below.
- Salmon tartare, citrus aioli, pickled fennel, maple glazed chicory, organic hen’s egg, mustard ketchup
- Balsamic roast beetroot, toasted brioche, whipped goat cheese, chive salsa verde, pickled baby radish
- Chicken, Leek and guinea fowl terrine, golden raisin puree, pickled walnuts, confit cucumber, seeded sourdough croutes
- Butter roast cod, confit leeks and potato cream, crispy smoked streaky bacon, chive crème fraiche, dill oil
- Feta, spinach and confit tomato terrine, red pepper jam, orange glazed vegetables, confit baby onions
- Braised lamb shoulder ballotine, roast lamb rump, salsa verde hollandaise, confit garlic and celeriac puree, caramelised hispi, sticky lamb jus
- Rich chocolate ganache, chocolate textures, vanilla maple cream, caramelised raspberries, sticky raspberry vanilla puree, baked orange sponge
- English cheese, House chutney and pickles, crackers.
How to book your place at the dinner
Step 1: Please can we ask that payment is made via bank transfer, to the following Old Atrinchamians Association account using your name as a reference.
Sort code: 51 61 11
Account number: 82472270
If you’d like to pay by cheque, please make it out to ‘Old Alts Association’ and post to Stephen Perrett at 65 Langham Road, Bowdon, Altrincham. WA14 3NT
Step 2: email Stephen Perrett at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm a) how many tickets you have purchased and the names of anyone you have purchased a ticket on behalf of.
Also, b) what your and your guests dinner preferences are for all courses.
Tickets are strictly limited so please book your places as soon as possible to make sure you don’t miss out on this very special event.
Chairman, Old Altrinchamians Association